welcome to the pure and noble house of black. toujours pur.
“Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy…”
Hamlet (Act 5, scene 1, 185-186) by William Shakespeare
BRIEF ANNOUNCEMENT: This blog owner (Laura: LAW-rah) currently loves the faces of Tom Hiddleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, James McAvoy, Danny Jones, Jensen Ackles, Skylar Astin and Channing Tatum while flailing about X-Men First Class, Doctor Who, McFly, Supernatural and Dean Winchester, Gilmore Girls, Ripper Street, Student Life and Feelings, Movies, de Efteling, Music, Harry Potter, Moustaches and Football.
I’m never sure what to put here so here’s 25 things you probably didn’t know about me, nor did you want to.
- I always wanted The Doctor to turn up at my front door and take me away travelling through time and space.
- Because it doesn’t have a timespan like Hogwarts, I’m actually still waiting.
- I want to be a IB Biology teacher.
- Once I’m finished, I’m going to try and move away from the UK because I don’t really belong here.
- If left to my own devices I don’t get out of my PJs.
- Also, I own more PJs than any other item of clothing (that’s COMPLETE SETS).
- I have an obsession with duvets and mugs.
- I take my tea with milk (not MILKY tea though - bah).
- I worked with my grandma every summer from the age of 2 to 12. She taught me quite a bit of business savvy.
- I feel I’m quite Buddhist in my heart but have trouble associating with any religion because I still don’t believe in any God.
- I struggle when it comes to supporting my football team. Their inability to be consistent is at odds with my OCD.
- I can’t stand things that aren’t straight. I go a bit mad.
- I suffer from social anxiety. It goes from mild to crippling depending on the situation.
- Sometimes, I’m really not okay with being single but then other times, I’m not that bothered. I’m happy to say the latter weighs out.
- I’m neither a cat or a dog person because I love both in different situations.
- I adore monkeys. Like, I can’t describe how much I love them.
- I cried uncontrollably at a Simple Plan concert because they played Welcome to My Life then This Song Saved My Life one after each other.
- If you don’t realise, Welcome to My Life is THE SONG THAT SAVED MY LIFE.
- The first CD I bought myself with McFly’s Obviously in HMV in York.
- I still freak out when I realise that I live in Edinburgh.
- I punched a girl in the face once by mistake.
- I was asked to join a proper hockey team and declined because I was more proud that I’d been considered as my teacher famously thought I sucked at sports. Clearly, I didn’t. Plus, I didn’t actually want to join because I hate sports.
- My favourite city of them all is Amsterdam. After all these years, I’ve finally committed on one.
- I plagarised a poem once as a FUCK YOU to the system (I thought the competition was shit as I greatly dislike poetry). Not only did the teacher not notice and submit it, the judges didn’t either and it was published. I still feel guilty 10 years on.
- I’m 1/4 Irish.
I assure you though, I am quite a bit more than facts on a page.